Friday, October 15, 2010

Wednesday

“Do you watch NCIS?” asked the fourth grade student.
“Well, I guess so, but only once in awhile,” said the fourth grade teacher.
“You look a little like Gibbs. Once my mom pulled my hair back so I looked like Xeva.”
“Hmm...I see some resemblance to her. Actually, Gibbs is a few years older than me.”
On Monday several students brought in newspaper clippings about the Fungi Fest held last weekend in Sequim. This is the time of year to see lots of different kinds of mushrooms. Sometimes the kids bring in examples(see photo.)
Ahhh, the Fall season....spiders and mushrooms with Halloween coming up in a week or so. Several more students found the answer to the bonus question, "Who was the U.S. president during the American Civil War?" Nice work!
In Science we move forward with our study of water. Now that we've learned about water tension and how water behaves on slopes, we'll learn about the effects of heat and cold on water.
Here's one you can try: Write a compound sentence using these two Math facts: 6 + 5 = 11 and 8+4 = 12.

No comments: